Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Sketches and Big O Painting Ideas....

Ok. So Daniel had this bright idea to do a sort of a summer club thing where we try to paint as big as our comfort zone will let us. Well. Me being a new painter was like "Oh! This'll be fun!". Well I ordered a 48"x56" panel. Me not thinking about just figured it was big. Well I go to school to go pick it up, THIS THING IS BIGGER THAN ME!!! So now I'm stuck with a huge panel and a little scared to actually start applying paint... but besides that.

I have been doing a few drawings. Just some stuff to get through the craziness.








2 comments:

alisa said...

Danielle, What a pleasure to see your new work! I've always known you were talented and now I see an evolution of self within your surreal style of art. I connect to the more personal, raw work, while the more stylized work seems more playful and fun.All of it is wonderful!!!Keep up the excellent work (both graphics and art).Your art reflects how alive you are in both the pleasures and pain in life. I can't remember exactly what your tatoo said but what reverberates for me is the idea that we not only keep faith through pain but stay alive (vs. shutting down)through pain. I can see you are doing that through your art. It is a gift. Stay open through your creativity. It was great to see you today! Alisa

sddreamteam said...

coming across your blog i have went through all of your writings. and in attempting to make out what you have written on your last sketch, i am completely intrigued by you. i absolutely feel for you and i understand what you are going through. i hope to one day meet you stanger.